Presented by Kelly Byram, CEO, Duke City Consulting. [More information below.]
Freelancers are never too small to be targeted by hackers. Your sensitive data—and your clients’ proprietary data—can be at risk of cyber threats from ransomware, phishing, and other online scams. But, as very small businesses often operating as solo practitioners, most freelancers think they don’t have the time or money to deal with cybersecurity. Then disaster strikes. Data is gone or encrypted, and your reputation is on the line. And, just when you think it can’t get any worse, your client holds you legally and financially responsible for the violation of their proprietary information and data.
Cyberattacks can ruin your reputation, and recovery of your devices can take weeks and thousands of dollars. Recovering from a cyberattack will cost you more time and money than prevention. In this on-demand webinar designed for freelancers, solo practitioners, and other very small businesses, we walk you through common vulnerabilities and free/low cost ways to protect yourself and your data.
You will learn:
- What cybersecurity is and why your small enterprise needs it. [Part 1: The Basics]
- Common cybersecurity issues affecting freelancers and other small businesses. [Part 1: The Basics]
- How to identify identify vulnerabilities in your network of business devices. [Part 1: The Basics]
- How to protect yourself against those vulnerabilities using free or low-cost tools. [Part 1: The Basics] [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
- Online behaviors to employ in order to avoid falling prey to scammers. [Part 1: The Basics] [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
- How to combine tools to protect your data at home and on the road. [Part 1: The Basics] [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
- How to protect your wi-fi network. [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
- How to safely dispose of devices containing sensitive/proprietary data. [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
- What to consider when purchasing cyberinsurance for your business. [Part 2: Beyond the Basics]
The webinar is recorded in two parts: Part 1 (The Basics) and Part 2 (Beyond the Basics). They can be purchased separately for $40 each or bundled together for $75 (a savings of $5). Each attendee also receives a free copy of the Freelancer’s Guide to Cybersecurity Checklist.
To celebrate 2020, we have slashed the price of the Freelancer’s Guide to Cybersecurity on-demand webinar in half!
Parts I and II are each $20, or get them bundled together for $37.50.
Hurry, this offer ends soon!
About the Presenter
Kelly Byram, MS, MBA Kelly started programming as a kid in the late 1970s and has worked in tech and biotech since her 20s. She has worked as a freelancer, consultant, and (very) small business owner since 1990 and understands the pressures and constraints of the freelance life. She first offered the Freelancer’s Guide to Cybersecurity in 2018 at the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) conference. In 2019 she established the Cyber group at DCC, which specializes in helping freelancers, solo practitioners, lean startups, and other (very) small businesses develop cybersecurity plans and effectively market their cybersecurity.